Saturday, February 3, 2007

Christian Economics

For several years, I have thought about starting a magazine, or otherwise writing about a Christian approach to economic questions. Since blogging now seems to be a good format for discussions of this type, I've decided to try it.
I've often been concerned that to many people, Christianity is not seen as speaking to how we live our daily lives. Economics has been defined as the study of how we live our lives: how we earn and use money, how we own property, buy and sell, etc. Since both the Old and New Testament have a great deal to say about economic questions, it seems that they should be a primary concern of our religious lives, rather than separated from them. Several times, I've heard sermons that start off by saying that Jesus said a lot about money, or about economic questions, but in most cases, this is just an introduction to a sermon on tithing. I think it would be useful for us to discuss the many other things Jesus had to say about money, and how we live our daily lives.
I will be adding more posts to this soon. I hope you find this discussion useful, and I invite you to comment on anything you find here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]